Special Needs Siblings is a unique, local non-profit with a global vision to provide support and resources for Special Needs Siblings one family at a time.
It is time for our super siblings to have the support they deserve in order live their best life! Often siblings do not realize the power of connecting with other siblings until they experience it. Why are the siblings so important?
· Siblings often have the longest-lasting relationships in their lives with each other.
· Many of the estimated 4.9 million individuals with development disabilities (I/DD) in the United States have brothers and sisters.
· Siblings often become the next generation of caregivers when parents are unable to priced care. Frequently, the oldest female siblings become the caregiver.
· The peer nature of the relation makes siblings uniquely positioned to support their brothers and sisters with disabilities to lead self-determining lives. This support can include areas such as employment, voting, transportation, healthcare, housing and more.
· While support programs and services have been developed for individuals with I/DD and their parents supports for siblings have been limited.
Special Needs Siblings, Inc. is a unique, local non-profit with a global vision to provide support and resources for Special Needs Siblings one family at a time. Siblings you are not alone. Special Needs Siblings, Inc. (SNS) aims to educate, empower and encourage the siblings for disabled individuals by providing education, resources, and supportive programs for the SNS family.
Special Needs Siblings, Inc. is a place where there are ample resources and support for the siblings of individuals with disabilities. Special Needs Siblings provides unity within our community by bringing awareness and bridging the gap between the siblings at home and the community at large.